CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Adapting The System

After doing much research and thinking on "The System" made famous by Grinnell and LMU (and adapted slightly by Doug Porter), I see some very useful teaching tools/points that will serve well in the upcoming season.  As a student of the game, I am always interested in how others coach the X's & O's as well as philosophy.  I am an uptempo style coach by nature, but struggle with some parts of high scoring basketball because of the different defensive philosophy.  I LOVE DEFENSE.

Pressure, Run, Pressure...but not to give up easy shots.  With the athletes and skills that we currently have in our program, an adaptation of my own of "The System" is where I am at right now.  We will continue to be uptempo and attacking, but I don't know if I could ever be a total convert to "The System"...I think it will have to be my own "Quasi-System"!  Maybe if it works I can make my own DVD's!

0 comments: